Truck accidents can cause serious injuries and even death to victims. Big rig accidents are common in Georgia and the other parts of the country. When you are involved in a truck accident in Dunwoody GA and seriously injured as a result, you are entitled to claim compensation from the responsible party for your damages.
A truck accident can have one or several at-fault parties compared to car accidents. Proving negligence in a truck accident case isn’t easy. It involves numerous laws and regulations. That’s why you need to hire a Dunwoody truck accident lawyer when you are involved in a truck accident.
Dunwoody, Georgia has its own share of truck accident law firms, but all of them are not created alike. Your research plays an important part when choosing the best truck accident attorney to handle your case. Bethune Law Firm is a trusted name when it comes to handling different types of personal injury claims including truck accidents.
Our lawyers are highly specialized in dealing with all kinds of torts involved in proving a truck accident lawsuit. We have won millions of dollars on behalf of our past clients. That’s why you need to rely on an experienced Dunwoody truck accident lawyer to handle your case and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Call Bethune Law Firm at (404) 875-7800 to handle your truck accident claim in Dunwoody GA and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents are quite serious at times. Most victims become confused and don’t know what to do soon after the accident. Here are some of the most important steps to take after a truck accident:
- Seek medical help – Even if you don’t feel severe pain after the accident, you should seek medical assistance. Medical reports will help your Dunwoody truck accident lawyer prove that you have been injured in the accident.
- Help others at the accident scene – If there are other injured people, try to help them get the necessary medical attention if you are in a position to do so.
- Call the police – Call the police and report the accident. Get a copy of the police report since it’s important when proving the negligence of the other party.
- Exchange information with the other driver – Exchange the license, insurance, and contact information with the other party involved in the accident.
- Get witness details – Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photos or video the scene – Taking photos or videoing the accident scene will help your lawyer prove the negligence of the other party and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Don’t admit fault for the accident until you speak with a qualified truck accident lawyer in Dunwoody.
- Call a professional truck accident lawyer at Bethune Law to handle your case.
How Can a Dunwoody Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
An experienced Dunwoody truck accident lawyer at Bethune Law can help with investigating and filing your lawsuit.
- Our lawyers are experienced in evaluating, investigating, and building/filing strong cases on behalf of our clients.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company of the responsible party to obtain maximum compensation for your damages.
- Our team of truck accident lawyers has the trial experience to take your case to trial in case the insurance company denies your rightful claim.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive?
A truck accident victim in Dunwoody GA can claim compensation for injuries, mental distress, and property damages.
Economic damages are assigned a specific dollar amount and include past/current/future medical bills, physical therapy, in-house nursing care, lost income, and damages to your property. Non-economic damages are more difficult to assign a specific dollar amount and may include mental distress, emotional pain, suffering, physical pain, and potential lost earnings. On the other hand, punitive damages are designed to punish the reckless behavior of the at-fault driver. It will also deter other people from behaving the same way.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Claim?
You have two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury claim against the responsible party. If not, the statute of limitations of Georgia comes into effect and makes it impossible to file a claim.
How is Fault in a Truck Accident Determined?
Georgia is a state that practices comparative negligence. All parties involved in an accident can claim damages from the other party depending on their involvement in the accident. For example, if the judge or jury finds that you are 30% responsible for causing the accident, your compensation will be reduced to 70% of the total compensation amount. You need to prove four important elements to claim compensation from the at-fault party:
- The at-fault party has a duty of care towards the victim
- The at-fault party breached his/her duty of care
- The accident occurred as a result of this breach
- The victim was injured as a direct result of the accident
Who Can be Held Liable?
There can be more than one liable party for a truck accident. The liable parties may include:
- The truck driver – Speeding, distracted, and drivers under the influence of alcohol can cause truck accidents.
- Trucking company – The trucking company can be held responsible for operating unsafe and poorly maintained vehicles.
- Loading company – Loading companies can be held responsible for the accident if they load the truck beyond its weight capacity.
- Truck manufacturers – Truck manufacturers are responsible for installing faulty components and spare parts.
A Dunwoody Truck Accident Lawyer at the Bethune Law Firm is Ready to Help.
When you are seriously injured in a truck accident in Dunwoody GA, you can claim compensation from the responsible party for your injuries. You need to hire the best truck accident lawyer in Dunwoody GA to build your case and obtain maximum compensation. Call Bethune Law Firm at (404) 875-7800 to handle your truck accident claim in Dunwoody GA and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.